Clearwire has changed their name to Clear - The name may have changed, but the company has not!

Has Clearwire/Clear ripped you off? You're not alone! Join us in the fight against Clearwire!

Please send us an E-mail with your experience, and have it featured on the main page!
Help us educate others on the true side of Clearwire!

Visit the User Forums and join in a discussion! / Follow us on Twitter!

Another Lawsuit Filed Against CLEAR/CLEARWIRE! (January 19th 2011)

Submit your story!

Class Action Investigation

January 26th, 2011 | by admin |

I received this email yesterday requesting that I add some information to this site. They’re requesting that you contact them if you’ve been promised speeds by Clear/Clearwire but they were unable to meet their promise.

The class action law firm of Halunen & Associates is investigating Clearwire for failing to provide promised Internet download speeds to consumers. If you are a Clear­wire inter­net ser­vice cus­tomer who has expe­ri­enced slow speeds, unre­li­able inter­net connections, or no ser­vice at all, you can contact the firm at their website: http://www.halunenlaw.com/news/2011/01/24/clearwire-internet-speeds/.

Again, if you feel that this is an attempt to censor content from clearwiresucks.com, please contact me and let me know. Also, please continue to share your experiences with us and we’ll have them featured on the front page of this site. We’ve received over half a million hits on this site since we started over 5 years ago. Let’s continue to make our voices heard!

1. 39 Responses to “Class Action Investigation”

2. By John Gostomski on Feb 14, 2011 | Reply

The present outage in the San Antonio area is a problem as I work on projects between the hours of 23:00 hrs and 6:00 hrs let alone through out the day. Clear is missing something in their strategy to provide transparent service.

3. By mike on Feb 22, 2011 | Reply

i have had clear wire since it came to Oregon. they have managed my account to the point i have just over dial up connection, they advertise unlimited internet….. capping my account is not unlimited internet i am done with them!!!!!! i am switching to cable in the morning…i have talked to clear over 40 times they say i am using to much internet…i will never refer anybody to clear EVER….you got a lawsuit???? i will join..

4. By Brian on Feb 25, 2011 | Reply

@Mike, I am in Oregon and have used CLEAR since they came here as well. 100% Agreement with you and have the same issues……. Yeah, SUE their lying fake selves!

5. By Calvin Cardy on Feb 26, 2011 | Reply

CLEARWIRE HACKS EMPLOYEES HOME PC’s. You hear it correctly. Here’s an employee’s testimony: Clearwire hacked their own employees – Former Employee Submission by Phillip L.
    December 20th, 2010 | by Admin |
    Clearwire Hacked their own employees home computers! YES…YOU READ THIS RIGHT!!! You would not believe the Criminal things that went on there. I used to work there until last month! I worked at a Network Operations Center in Las Vegas and the Director HACKED the employees home/personal emails and personal computers that were not even hooked up to their network! They have a hacking group of employees and they hack anyone they feel like. i was harassed repeatedly as even filed an FBI report to try to get anyone to even take notice about the Crimes. Instead of doing anything about this Criminal Hacking Group they “laid me off” last month. I tried our best to get these Criminals arrested but the Company was protected them. The Company was afraid of a Class Action lawsuit by the employees, related contractors and even their own customers. They protected these Clearwire Internal Hackers/Criminals and got rid of me instead. So much for morals and ethics at Cleawire. Your privacy is not safe with that Company. The employees, contractors and customers were spied on and nothing was done about it. One of the Supervisors David degraw was fired for harassing me but they did nothing about the Director hacking our home computers.

6. By Trinity on Mar 11, 2011 | Reply

I wish I had found this website a month and a half ago.. This company has made our life heck. We have had enough we plan on breaking contract and getting a new provider on Monday. We can not even load up a web page without waiting a good 8 to 10 minutes its awfull. The problem is I do not see why I should pay to break the contract when they are the ones who has lied and cheated us. We even paid for a higher teir just to stream Netflix.. How do we get our names on the class action suit?? I really want to see this company go down..

7. By Lonny on Apr 7, 2011 | Reply

I am in the same boat. The sasles rep told me that if I purchased a higher tier of service, I would get better connection speeds. They then told me after I called that my speed was limited because I use it too much. I dont do anything other than use netflix, light gaming and RAS into work. That seems like normal usage to me. They had the audacity to tell me that I was outside the terms of use, thus my connection speed is knocked down to less than 56K. I am a tech, I keep my computer clean from malware, viruses and spyware. Thier business ethics appall me…

8. By Sandra Barbiero on Apr 15, 2011 | Reply

Former Clearwire Employee:
    I began working for Clear on 10/05/2009, when I started there I was told to never get a serious illness or I would get fired,I paid no attention to this until I began to notice people dropping right after they experienced a serious illness. I was in Retention in Milton Florida, the stress level was almost unbearable due to the fact that I took the call’s from the customers who hated their Clear service. I averaged between 50 and 60 call’s per day, it broke my heart. I helped the customers get their issues resolved and I genuinely cared about them. Things got strange we were forced and yes I said forced to began pushing Direct TV on the customers, and if we wanted to keep our jobs we had better keep our cancel rate down and our DTV transfers up. I was the number one rep in the call center and the number two rep in all their call centers. Then one day I was told that I had lung cancer and I applied for F.M.L.A. and then the fun began.They began to pick on me, they knew that I would never be intentionally rude or disrespectful to anyone. One day this gentleman called in very upset with Clear and he spoke to me as if I were Clear, he was cursing at me f this f you f that he called me a liar and that I was not trying to help him all I was going to do was lie to him and this went on and on and on, finally I said “sir I am a 54 year old woman just trying to do my job, I really do want to help you get your issues resolved but you won’t let me, now if you would give me a chance to speak I would love to help you.” They wrote me up for that and I even wrote on the bottom of the paper which they had me sign that it was bogus that I would never be rude to anyone and I was told they know that but the customers did not. Also the write up was forever.I said forever? Now I know you are out to get me fired.I had more Kudos from customers for being so customer centric than anyone and I have e-mails from my managers saying I am the best and that I really care about the customers and it shows. When new hires came on the floor they would set them around me so they could listen and learn, I even helped train.Then one day a man called in to get his issues resolved and he told me he was losing his job, his wife was in and out of the hospital and he was losing his home,- keep in mind I was vulnerable because at the time I was still believing that I had cancer- it tugged at my heart strings and even though the call was perfect at the end I asked if I could put him on our prayer list and he said he was an atheist, I was never trying to force my religion on him, it was me it is who I am, I said I would pray and they fired me for that. They told me I was trying to force my religion on the customer which was a lie. Then they fixed it so I could not get unemployment they said I was disrespectful to the customers. I felt so bad for the customers when I was forced to leave because I really did care about them. After reading what people are saying about Clear this is just the tip of the iceberg, you can believe everything that you read. They believed I was going to die so they did everything they could to get me fired and they succeeded,I plan on appealing it I will let you know what happens. Believe me when I say I will not sit back and allow them to bulldoze me the way they have so many others. About a month before they fired me this guy in tech support had a serious lung condition and he was fired during a heavy rain storm, and even though they knew he was not well and it was pouring outside they made him walk home in his condition. A woman who had heart surgery was fired right after she came back, the list goes on and on. I told them as I was leaving, you are firing me for being a Christian? God will give it back to me ten fold. If this company can not care about their own people how then can anyone expect them to care about the average American? And so you know God turned the cancer around and turned it into emphysema! Weather you love God or not I love you, and as I said at the end of every call I will say to you as well-Have a Blessed Day! Again I will keep you posted.

9. By Sandra Barbiero on Apr 15, 2011 | Reply

I should have made mention after saying things became strange when we were forced to transfer call to DTV it was because I was not sure who I was working for anymore. And I want the customers to know that when I got their call’s there was no band-aid fixing I went above and beyond the call of duty for them, I would always go that extra mile to help them get their issues resolved, and I wish them all well.

10. By Sandra Barbiero on Apr 15, 2011 | Reply

It might be a good idea to investigate as to how many employees got fired right after they were very sick or were told they had a serious illness, there is no doubt in my mind that you will see a pattern, and a whole new class action suit just waiting for someone to care enough to help get started.

11. By Teddy on Apr 16, 2011 | Reply

Their OUT of State office said your NOT in our service area-Which was just 100 yards away-BUT their CROOKED Sales person 2 months later just outside of my Best Buy said YES we can connect you this week (Was a weekend)Took my credit card # and gave me a box of equipment-(That almost burnt down my house-OVERHEATING)and of course never recieved a signal-EVER! said they stopped billing my acct-AFTER 3 Months of NO SERVICE and constant billing I shut off my card at the bank-Had to wait an additional month to get RMA address and now 6 mo later they put me in collections for 80 bucks-I smell SMALL CLAIMS COURT!

12. By Shakiki on May 19, 2011 | Reply

Just go to clear.com and read the AUP (authorized use policy). Basically at work (lol) they tell us to read this to the customer or have them refer to it online. Also, “accepting the terms of service when you start the service” is the same as signing a paper contract (a legal binding agreement). From what they tell us this has been agreed to by the customer and I am an employee and I do not agree with it b/c I would not like for it to be done with me. This document is on clear.com and bottom right hand corner it says “legal”. Go and read it sometime. It will really blow your mind and make you even more aggravated.

13. By Shakiki on May 19, 2011 | Reply

Legal Links
    Acceptable Use Policy

Effective June 9, 2010

THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY IS A MATERIAL PART OF ANY AGREEMENT WITH CLEARWIRE US LLC FOR PROVISION OF ITS SERVICES TO BUSINESS AND CONSUMER CUSTOMERS. PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY CAREFULLY. THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME BY CLEARWIRE AS SET FORTH BELOW.

Clearwire US LLC and its affiliates (collectively “Clearwire”) have created this Acceptable Use Policy (”AUP”) governing Clearwire’s service (the “Service”) to ensure the integrity of its wireless broadband network and enhance the use of the Services for all of Clearwire’s customers by designating standards for acceptable and unacceptable use. This AUP forms part of the agreement between Clearwire and you and is incorporated by reference into Clearwire’s Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”) found at http://www.clear.com or http://www.clearwire.com. Capitalized terms not defined in this AUP are defined in the Terms of Service. BY USING THE SERVICE, OR ANY EQUIPMENT PURCHASED OR LEASED BY YOU FROM CLEARWIRE (the “EQUIPMENT”), YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AUP.

Nature of the Service.The Service provided to you is intended for reasonable, periodic, non-continuous use by a person using a computing device, consistent with the type of use made by a typical individual consumer of our Internet services. Examples of allowed uses of our Service include web surfing, sending and receiving email, sending and receiving photographs, occasional on-line gaming, and the occasional non-continuous streaming of videos and downloading of files. Examples of uses that are not permitted include the continuous unattended streaming, downloading or uploading of videos or other files, maintaining an unattended or continuous uninterrupted connection to the Internet such as through a web camera or machine to machine connections that do not involve active participation by a person, or operating an Internet hosting service such as web hosting or gaming hosting. You may not use the Service in a manner that impairs the user experience of other users, or that otherwise impairs network performance. Both fixed wire-line Internet service and wireless Internet service have limited bandwidth capacity. Like fixed wire-line service, CLEAR’s Service can suffer from congestion and reduced performance when usage by some individuals exceeds the usage of typical individual consumers, thus having a negative impact on the entire network. This AUP is intended to ensure that the activities of a few users do not unfairly impair the activities of all users of the Service.

Prohibited or Actionable Activities. To preserve the ability of all of its customers to use Clearwire’s network and the Internet without interference or harassment from other users, and as a condition of the Service, Clearwire prohibits you from engaging in the following activities:

Unlawful or Improper Use of the Service.You may not use the Service in a manner that is unlawful, harmful to or interferes with use of Clearwire’s network or systems, or the network of any other provider, damages, disables, or impairs any Clearwire property, interferes with the use or enjoyment of services received by others, infringes intellectual property rights, results in the publication of threatening or offensive material, or constitutes spam or e-mail abuse, a security risk or a violation of privacy.

Objectionable Material. You may not use the Service to store, post, transmit, or disseminate material or information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous or defamatory, hateful, obscene, indecent, or otherwise objectionable or which encourages or participates in conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to a civil liability, or otherwise violates any local, state, federal, or international law, order, rule, or regulation.

Junk E-mail. You may not use the Service to transmit or facilitate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, telemarketing, promotional materials, “junk mail”, unsolicited bulk e-mail, unsolicited duplicative e-mail, unsolicited commercial e-mail, fax broadcasting, or fax blasting (collectively, “Spam”). Violation of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, or any other applicable laws regulating e-mail services, constitutes a violation of this AUP. Clearwire considers any unsolicited commercial mail to be Spam, regardless of the amount of mail sent, unless the recipient has specifically requested the information. An e-mail may be “unsolicited” for purposes of this AUP if (1) the recipients’ e-mail addresses were not obtained through a personal or customer relationship between recipient and sender, (2) recipients did not affirmatively consent to receive communications from the sender, or (3) recipients have opted out of receiving communications from sender when given the opportunity to do so.

Fraudulent Activity. You may not use the Service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes”, “Ponzi schemes”, or “chain letters.” You may not use techniques to hide or obscure the source of any e-mail or other communication.

Impersonation. You may not use the Service to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not use invalid or forged headers, invalid or non-existent domain names or other means of deceptive addressing.

Software Viruses You may not use the Service to upload files or transmit any material that contains viruses, worms, Trojan Horses time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or other code that manifests contaminating or destructive properties. To protect our customers Clearwire does monitor Internet ports that are considered to be security risks as determined by Clearwire in its sole discretion.

Collecting Information. You may not use the Service to store or collect, or attempt to store or collect, non-public personal information about third parties without their prior knowledge and consent.

Storage or Hosting. You may not use the Service to store or host any material or information. The Service is provided merely as a conduit to allow you to access the Internet, to send and receive messages and files using third party email service providers, and to upload and download files on and from third party websites or servers at your sole discretion and control.

Excessive Utilization of Network Resources.Wireless networks have capacity limits and all customers can suffer from degraded or denied service when one or a small group of users consumes disproportionate amounts of a wireless network’s resources. Clearwire, therefore, will monitor both overall network performance and individual resource consumption to determine if any user is consuming a disproportionate amount of available resources and creating the potential to disrupt or degrade the Clearwire network or network usage by others. This process of monitoring both overall network performance and individual resource consumption is consistent with the description of the nature of the Service previously described in this AUP. Clearwire reserves the right to engage in reasonable network management to protect the overall network, including analyzing traffic patterns and preventing the distribution of viruses or other malicious code.
    During periods of congestion, Clearwire uses various techniques such as reducing the data rate of individual bandwidth intensive users whose use is negatively impacting other users. This temporarily limits the amount of bandwidth available to the bandwidth intensive users until the congestion has diminished, at which point Clearwire will endeavor to lift any limits it may have imposed on bandwidth intensive users during the period of congestion. Clearwire may also consider historical usage patterns when temporarily reducing the data rate of bandwidth intensive users during periods of congestion. When feasible, upon observation of an excessive use pattern, Clearwire will attempt to contact you by telephone at the telephone number you gave to us or otherwise to alert you to your excessive use of bandwidth and to help you determine the cause. Clearwire representatives also are available to explain this AUP and to help you avoid excessive use incidents. If you are unavailable or do not respond to Clearwire’s attempt to contact you regarding excessive use, or if excessive use is ongoing or recurring and repeatedly having negative effects on other subscribers of the Service, Clearwire reserves the right to immediately restrict, suspend or terminate your Service without further notice in order to protect the network and minimize congestion caused by the excessive use. While the determination of what constitutes excessive use depends on the specific state of the network at any given time, excessive use is determined by resource consumption relative to that of a typical individual user of the Service and not by the use of any particular application.

Unlimited Use Plans.If you subscribe to a service plan that does not impose limits on the amount of data you may download or upload during a month, you should be aware that such “unlimited” plans are nevertheless subject to the provisions of this AUP. What this means is that all of the provisions described in this AUP, including those that describe how Clearwire may perform reasonable network management such as reducing the data rate of bandwidth intensive users during periods of congestion, will apply to your use of the Service. The term “unlimited” means that we will not place a limit on how much data you upload or download during a month or other particular period, however, it does not mean that we will not take steps to reduce your data rate during periods of congestion or take other actions described in this AUP when your usage is negatively impacting other subscribers to our Service.

Use of Your Account by Others. You may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use the Service for illegal or improper activities or for any purpose or in any manner prohibited by this AUP nor may you reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, provision, resell, rent, lend, pledge, transfer, distribute or exploit any portion of the Service or hardware without Clearwire’s prior written consent . You may not permit your network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use the Service in an illegal or improper manner or for any purpose or in any manner prohibited by this AUP.

Security Precautions. You are solely responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Service for the reconstruction of any lost data.

AUP Enforcement and Notice. Customer’s failure to observe the guidelines associated with this AUP may result in Clearwire taking actions that may range from a warning to a suspension or termination of Service. When feasible, upon observation of a violation of this AUP, Clearwire may attempt to contact you by e-mail at the e-mail address on file or otherwise to notify you of the violation. Clearwire representatives also are available to work with you to explain the parameters of this AUP and to help you avoid an AUP violation.

Clearwire reserves the right, however, to act immediately and without notice to restrict, suspend or terminate Service, if it reasonably determines that your conduct may: (1) expose Clearwire to sanctions, prosecution, civil action or other liability; (2) cause harm to or interfere with the integrity or normal operations of Clearwire’s network or networks with which Clearwire is interconnected; (3) interfere with another Clearwire customer’s use of the Service; (4) violate any applicable law, rule or regulation including, but not limited to, copyright or any other infringement or (5) otherwise present an imminent risk of harm to Clearwire or its customers. In the event of termination of your Service, all applicable termination charges will apply. Except as expressly provided herein, the rights and remedies of Clearwire are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights or remedies that Clearwire may otherwise have at law or in equity. Waiver of any violation of this AUP by Clearwire shall not act as a waiver of any subsequent violation, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of the underlying obligation or term. No failure or delay by Clearwire in exercising any right or remedy hereunder will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy. You should read this AUP in conjunction with our Terms of Service and our other Policies which you may find at http://www.clear.com or http://www.clearwire.com. Clearwire has the right but not the obligation to monitor or restrict any uses of the Service that Clearwire reasonably believes in its sole discretion violates this AUP, any part of the Terms of Service, or applicable law. You are solely responsible for all content that you transmit or receive utilizing the Service, and are responsible for abuse of your account by others.

Reporting Violations. Clearwire requests that any person who becomes aware of a violation of this AUP report the information to Clearwire at abuse@clearwire.com. If available, please provide the IP address used to commit the alleged violation and the date and time of the alleged violation. Clearwire may take any appropriate action as it reasonably deems fit in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, one or more of the following actions in response to a report: issue a warning; suspend the subscriber’s newsgroup posting privileges; suspend the subscriber’s account; terminate the subscriber’s account; bill the subscriber for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges; bring appropriate legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations; or take no action.

Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. Please refer to Clearwire’s Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement located at http://www.clear.com/legal/claims.

Revisions; Reservation of Rights.Clearwire reserves all rights including the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP or any other Policy at any time, by sending you an email notification to the email address associated with your account, or by announcing any amendments or modifications in the “Service Announcements” section of Clearwire’s website:
    http://www.clearwire.com/company/legal/announcements. Such amendments or modifications will become effective on the date we send them to you by email, or announce them on our website, whichever is earlier; afterwards, your continued use of the Service or Equipment will constitute your acceptance of any such amendments or modifications. However, if you do not wish to continue Service after a change that is materially disadvantageous to you, you may terminate this Agreement by providing written notice to Clearwire within twenty (20) days of the effective date of the modification.

© 2011 CLEAR Wireless LLC. All rights reserved.

14. By DISGUSTED EMPLOYEE on Jun 2, 2011 | Reply

Did you know that clearwire/clear will be shutting down the united states branches as of 12:00am June 3, 2011? A third party called teletech will be handling the call center operation for the Las Vegas, Nevada call center then they will be closed for good on August 7, 2011. After that, the call centers will be handled by other countries. The customer has right to know!

15. By Calvin Cardy on Jun 5, 2011 | Reply

It finally happened! Clear/Clearwire is closing their call center in Las Vegas! LOL! August 7, 2011 is last day it will be open. To all you foolish people who were loyal to Clear/Clearwire and thought you had a long term job, ha, ha, ha! You should’ve known what a crooked, no-good company Clear was to work for. They will be out of business entirely, eventually! Good riddens Clear!

16. By styxfan on Jun 9, 2011 | Reply

hey i used to work at the milton florida location and teletech already took over,for how long not sure but yes, to all you CW customers..be prepared to speak to ppl overseas instead of helping the economy, they are hurting it by employing ppl from other countries…so i ask you all…do you really want to do business and stay with a company whom is not helping grow the economy and add jobs, instead cut them from the USA? choice is yours,ever hear the saying”you get what you pay for” well cable may be more expensive,however they are far more reliable and MY CABLE COMPANY DOES NOT THROTTLE US OR SLOW US DOWN FOR USING TOO MUCH INTERNET. they can handle the bandwidth usage.

17. By styxfan on Jun 9, 2011 | Reply

I used to work with this former employee and what she is stating is honest TRUTH!!!Everyone needs to seriously boycott the company! My job depended on people keeping their service we could not give to them as we were told we were not allowed to tell the cst that they were being managed,..managed meaning they are using too much internet.

18. By Bruce Hecht on Jul 12, 2011 | Reply

I signed up with Clear with the promise it would be economical and eficient. It sounded good as it lowered our bills by $150 per month. I am located in Suwanee, Georgia and the service was always going down. We realized that when the service was down for some reason we did not receive our calls on our mobile devices. A recording would say that the service was not available.

We decided to cancel the service which took hours upon hours of time to reach customer service and the right departments. We were able to finally cancel the service on May 31, 2011. On 7/11/11 we received a bill to find out that the service was not completely cancelled. Technical support said the service should have been cancelled and it looks like we have $159 that should be credited back.

I am recommending to every business owner I meet that they not consider Clear’s service. Signing up with clear is equivalent to contracting a bad disease that antibiotics can’t treat.

19. By Steve on Aug 14, 2011 | Reply

I have a brand new Macbook Pro and since I’ve been using Clearwire WiMax 4G Wireless Internet Service Provider, my download and upload internet speeds have been horrible. In fact, I think it might be grounds to break contact since I can barely use the internet anymore without it stalling and freezing.

I was told by a representative (after many calls, many hours of being hung up on) that I was entitled for at least 1 mbps of download speed and upload speed as well. I constantly tested at around .23 mbps and .60 mbps of download/upload speed. To put it in short, I pay more than $50 for “unlimited” 4G wireless internet and can’t even watch a short YouTube video without it freezing.

Every time I call their customer service I get hung up on, and their representatives are incredibly rude.

There has to be a legal way out of paying this kind of service. I want to break contract and stop credit card payments, and I know I’m not alone.

Bottom Line:

CLEARWIRE IS THE WORST WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (WISP) EVER!

20. By Matthew Brown on Sep 6, 2011 | Reply

I am an independent dealer clear is dropping, after investing a fortune hoping to have a good alternative to Bell and the cable company to my clients. I spent $1000 to become a dealer, and $4000 in advertising and promotions. They wined and dined us to get us to sign on late last year, then sandbagged us at every turn so that only corporate could get any sales as soon as they had our money. I am sure I am not the only former independent dealer who wants to sue now that we are all being dropped, and left holding a terribly expensive bag.

21. By larry sanders on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

I was f—ked with out the benefit of a kiss. At leased most of you got the internet service. Even if it was the worst service you ever experienced. I called clear or clearwire to get internet service because I had the dish as my cable company and they recommended clear for internet service. I set everything up on the 8th of august I gave them my account number so they could get their money on a monthly plan. It was supposed to start after the 30 day trial. I had not heard from clear in two weeks, so I called to see why I had not received the modem in the mail as they promised to send me.the representative looked up my account and saw that I had not used the service, the rep told me that the modem had not been sent. I told him to cancel the service and put my money back into my account. He said that he would have to speak with his supervisor, could I hold on for a few minutes, to which I said,yes.after a few minutes, he got back on the phone and said that he could not give me a refund. he would have to make a billing research ticket and that it would take two days to process, I asked to speek to his supervisor and he asked me to hold on, he then came back and said that he was sorry for the misinformation, he said that he could not refund my money and that his supervisor was busy and could not come to the phone. After some choice words, he said that he would make a billing research ticket and attach it to my account and that it would take two days to research what happened with my account, its been a month so far.

22. By larry sanders on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

My mom always told me that (if you lay with dogs, you will come up with fleas). I would like to be included in the law suite against clear and I think that the dish, sprint and comcast should be named in the suite as defendants because they are in bed with clear and should be considered guilty by association because they obviously condone the business practices of clear and not just them,(but any companys that are in business with clear)

23. By larry sanders on Sep 8, 2011 | Reply

I would like to take some legal action against clear and its associates but I dont know where to start. my e-mail address is larrysanders32@gmail.com help me with some advice. They should not be allowed to take peoples money without anything being done to hold them accountable. I know that I am not the only one that something like this has happened to, with your help, it can be their last. Without it, they will keep on ripping people off.

24. By JJ on Sep 29, 2011 | Reply

I placed a phone ordered for the CLEAR Rover Puck device. The sales representative stated that I was in the 4G coverage area but failed to mention that I was at the very EDGE of the 4G map; which means little to no SIGNAL (20% strength) and speeds comparable to dialup. I received the device on August 8th and after activating it, I discovered that the “4G” icon was just flashing. I contacted technical support and she confirmed that my coverage was limited hence the signal strength of 20% with one signal bar. I was on the phone with technical support for nearly 40 minutes troubleshooting the device. The representative had me reposition the device multiple times, including standing OUTSIDE, OUTSIDE on the patio, moving between my two bedrooms, the living room and bathroom. Finally after this exhaustive effort, the technical support representative stated that maybe I should drive around my neighborhood to get a better signal and she submitted a trouble ticket to tier 2. I canceled the service.

25. By Debra on Oct 1, 2011 | Reply

Clearwire is the worst! The speed got slower and slower and talking to a rep was impossible. When I cancelled my service I was told it was a 10 dollar fee then a month later they called and wanted a 40 dollar restocking fee and this was after I paid to have it sent back.

26. By Jason on Oct 4, 2011 | Reply

I’m in the same boat, any info on this or anyone who has already gotten the ball rolling then please let me know. I’m in.

27. By another former Clear employee on Oct 8, 2011 | Reply

JJ said: “Finally after this exhaustive effort, the technical support representative stated that maybe I should drive around my neighborhood to get a better signal and she submitted a trouble ticket to tier 2”

Like I said in another post, the Philip’s don’t always understand how Clear service works. The trouble ticket was _supposed_ to be to alert the company to a possible unreported RF outage. That was a way to end the call without acknowledging that in that location signal would always be weak (The rep had already determined that when she told JJ that he was at the edge of coverage.) Rather than telling him the truth (that in that location, it wasn’t going to improve), she wanted to make him call back a couple of times to follow up on the “Trouble Ticket. Teletech reps in the Philippines submit “trouble tickets” or outage reports when the instructions are not clear to them. But, as for having JJ reposition the Puck around his house and even test it outdoors, that was legit stuff. Sometimes signal is strong in one room and no RF in another room. The Puck is a modem and WIFI router in one unit. So, if WIMAX is found in one place, you put the Puck there and them use the WIFI to connect it to a computer in a different room. An English-speaking rep could have explained why JJ was asked to do that. Moving the Puck was legit, but the trouble ticket was a waste. JJ should have been told the truth and then he could have decided whether using the Puck at other locations (at work / school / girl(boy)friend’s house would make it worth keeping. Sometimes they don’t do shit at home, but traveling salesmen or truck drivers use them away from home. You can’t use a cable modem at a truck stop.

28. By A. Washington on Oct 9, 2011 | Reply

We, meaning me and my wife, purchase Clearwire or Clear… whatever they want to call themselves, because we were tired of using our phone hotspot connection as our primary form of internet.(mind you that our cell phone company hint: starts with a capital T and rhymes with SLOWBIL pulled the same stunt). When I called Clear I was tired of being tricked about what unlimited meant! I now realize it means “Sure use as much as you want, but we will control the rate at which you use it!” (insert evil laugh). So when I asked the operator for the plan that did not limit me, give me a data cap, or throttle me, he then told me that Clear does not throttle or limit their customers. He then asked me if I was going to use Netflix and I told him “yes” and then asked why. He informed me that it was not to be a concern, it was just to inform me that it may take a little longer to buffer on average about 15 seconds or so. This raised a red flag so I decided to ask out right. “Do you mean if I use Netflix, I will be throttled at some point?” I was again told no, and that I would not have to worry about being throttled. I decided not to sign up that day. Not because I didn’t believe the CSR, though I didn’t to a certain extent. Rather, I wanted to play it safe and get the prepaid service and they were not giving discounts on that type of sevice at that time. I also took that oppotunity to read some of the boards about Clear and the result was about 80/20 in favor of poor service and throttling. But, like most people I read about, I tried it anyway and today, just two weeks after signing up… YES I HAVE BEEN THROTTLED!! I didn’t even take the time to call the PSP “poor service provider” I just came here and posted my experience. Now I am dropping the service and moving on the the next big hoax (its like pulling a rabbit out of a hat, just fucking illusion!)
    Thanks to all for sharing and listening

29. By A. Washington on Oct 9, 2011 | Reply

We, meaning me and my wife, purchase Clearwire or Clear… whatever they want to call themselves, because we were tired of using our phone hotspot connection as our primary form of internet.(mind you that our cell phone company hint: starts with a capital T and rhymes with SLOWBIL pulled the same stunt). When I called Clear I was tired of being tricked about what unlimited meant! I now realize it means “Sure use as much as you want, but we will control the rate at which you use it!” (insert evil laugh). So when I asked the operator for the plan that did not limit me, give me a data cap, or throttle me, he then told me that Clear does not throttle or limit their customers. He then asked me if I was going to use Netflix and I told him “yes” and then asked why. He informed me that it was not to be a concern, it was just to inform me that it may take a little longer to buffer on average about 15 seconds or so. This raised a red flag so I decided to ask out right. “Do you mean if I use Netflix, I will be throttled at some point?” I was again told no, and that I would not have to worry about being throttled. I decided not to sign up that day. Not because I didn’t believe the CSR, though I didn’t to a certain extent. Rather, I wanted to play it safe and get the prepaid service and they were not giving discounts on that type of sevice at that time. I also took that oppotunity to read some of the boards about Clear and the result was about 80/20 in favor of poor service and throttling. But, like most people I read about, I tried it anyway and today, just two weeks after signing up… YES I HAVE BEEN THROTTLED!! I didn’t even take the time to call the PSP “poor service provider” I just came here and posted my experience. Now I am dropping the service and moving on the the next big hoax (its like pulling a rabbit out of a hat, just a stinking illusion!)
    Thanks to all for sharing and listening

30. By Miriam Walton on Jan 12, 2012 | Reply

Why wasnt my comment published?? I hate clear
    biggest scam EVER

31. By shane foley on Jan 17, 2012 | Reply

Any info about a lawsuit against clear would be appreciated. I have been getting ripped off by the company for about 5 years.

32. By endora on Jan 25, 2012 | Reply

clear is the worst ever. i get download speeds that are so low that speedtest.net cant not even give me a reading. i have never in my just shy of 43 years ever been treated so poorly buy cs reps in my life .”POOR SERVICE ” in an understatement ! they lie to you they tell you they are not throttling your internet . they even have the gaul to tell you throttling is not illegal and or are they in violation of false advertising . i work online so i have to have internet and solid working internet . some days i use heavier usage some days i dont but that should not matter cus i am paying for ” UNLIMITED USE” so i should be getting unlimited use. not told just stay off the internet for 24-48 hours ?WTF kind of answer is that . i have been told just limit your useage. do not watch movies or tv shows on netflix or hulu ( services i pay for ) . just unplug your miodem for a few days it will be better than ?? i know what they are doing is highly illegal and i want in on any class action suits out there . cus am not getting what i am and have been paying for

33. By pete brown on Feb 1, 2012 | Reply

i got clearwire in lubbock–im DISABLED and looking for ways to save a dollar or two. i went with another company because they had wireless. moved to amarillo and finally discovered a charge that didnt add up…clearwire had been charging me for over a year because they said i didnt call and cancel.why would i want to pay for 2 internet services–especially since i am disabled.the person i was trying to talk to kept wanting to talk in his own language–guess they want ya to hang up because of frustration–kept calling back.they still said i didnt call and cancel–or i was lying and want two isps–major mad and they still owe me over 200 dollars.please respond with action against them….pete brown

34. By S Carlson on Apr 17, 2012 | Reply

Another victim of throttling here. We purchased unlimited service and most of the time we’re at dial-up speed. As I type this complaint, I have a video downloading. My current speed is a lousy 73kpbs!

It is this slow every single day and night!

We cannot watch streaming movies, YouTube or listen to streaming music due to slow speeds and constant buffering.

Most news pages contain videos and they take forever to load. For instance, yesterday a 3-minute news video took over 15 minutes to load.

When we complained to Clearwire, the service rep told us to point our modem at a different tower. Speeds improved until we downloaded a few movies. Then, wham, we were throttled back to dial-up speed.

35. By THE EX-CUSTOMER on May 18, 2012 | Reply

WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM CLEARWIRE SERVICES. CHECK OVERALL CUSTOMER REVIEWS.

I tried cancelling my contract and they trasferred me to the “no guy” customer service.
    I have to stay on the line for 30 minutes just trying to cancel my subscription.
    The guy was very disrespectful, dishonest, and desperate to not want me to cancel.

At one point he mentioned that I could receive a free one month service on my contract if I cancelled on June 6.I clearly said no. I just want to cancel and end it now.

He offered me another discount service after June 6, should I continue and not cancel.
    Again I said no. Cancel because I don’t need clearwire. He told me since the payment for the next month already kicked in,it would not be practical for me to waste the three weeks I have left. He also mentioned that I will receive the $40 penalty for early termination. I told the customer service, that’s fine with me just cancel it. Again he keeps making up all sorts of reasons while I keep insisting to cancel my contract.

At this point I’m well aware that this guy CANNOT be reasoned with in anyway.I went along to cancel on June 6, BUT with clear intention to cancel the following day and try a new customer service. My hunch tells me that if I wait until June 6, this company will do anything to stop me from being able to cancel.
    I’m also aware that on that day I called he will not transfer me to his manager to file complaint or to another customer service.

I called the next day and this time a lady answered. She too was very persistent and could tell she does not want me to cancel as well.I clearly told her I don’t need clearwire and I need the money to pay for my needs.THIS COMPANY REALLY TEST MY TEMPER!! I was on the verge of screaming at them and contemplating on suing them for not cancelling my contract.

At this point their customer service finally gave in and agreed to cancel my contract.
    SURPRISE, SURPISE, she mentioned that since I have 3 weeks unused prepaid service, that I would not need to pay the $40 termination fee.
    She also mentioned that clearwire will email me the address and prepaid stamps that I could print online to send the USB drive that I leased from them.

It is almost 1 day and clearwire have not sent me any email yet.I’ll be checking on their kiosk tommorow to ensure that their customer service really canceled my contract.

If not, I’ll be recording every next call with them as evidence, and plan on suing the company if they continue to NOT cancel my contract and LIE.

THIS COMPANY IS DISHONEST AND UNETHICAL. THIS COMPANY WILL BE A NEXT ENRON. IF YOU HAVE STOCKS WITH THEM, JUST TAKE IT OUT AND INVEST SOMEWHERE ELSE.

If you are being cheated on and paying money for it, FEEL FREE TO SUE. You are not alone.
    Just make sure to record every phone call you have with them and gather as much evidence against them.

36. By roosevelt griffin on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

I would like to be inculded in the class action law suit against clear/clearwire my email is (bobbydiane1@yahoo.com) ive been a paying loyal customer for a couple of years now! to know avail!, my internet connection to my computer, windows xp, still is super slow still very crappy! service until this day! it is still the same way! please help me, thank you very much id really appreciate this

37. By roosevelt griffin on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

please help me

38. By Tona Woolery on Oct 24, 2012 | Reply

I have been with this unprofessional company for 2years. The first six months I should have cancelled my services. My account was terminated several times due to them trying to bill my account in advance. In turn i was charged outragous reconnection fees. I was told when I orginally signed up that my services would be 19.99, this was not suppose to be a promotional charge. However, that jumped to $59.99. At which time I advised them that I would cancel my services because that was not what I had agreed too. They refused to refunded my account but told me that I would have credit apply to my bill. Then ended up charging my account again 10 days later. This became monthly habit with this company. At one point my services were actually interrupted for the most outragous reason I had ever heard. Which took me 2 1/2 hours on the phone. To make these people understand that the $595.00 they cahrged my account was a rip off. They stated that the charges were correct because I had not returned the modem. Now this was true I had not the modem. Considering that I was still using the product! No one seemed to understand this factor. It took me to be transferred 8 times and two in a half hours later. I was finally transferred to a rep that was intelligent enough to understand that I would not have a need to return something that was still in use. Now to get refunded for this mistake was a completely different ordeal. I have continued to have major billing issues with this company which has cost me hours of time, down service as well as money from overdrafts from unauthorized charges on to my account. With all of that being said the issue with slow or delayed service is a whole different ball game. I have had reps tell me that it was everything from my computers to the area that I lived that caused the problem. Considering I had brand new computers in my home from the time that I obtained there services. For them to explain the problem it was never the bad servie that the company provided. I glad to know that someone is trying to look out for the consumers. Because it surely is not coming from this creditor.

39. By tina smith on Nov 7, 2012 | Reply

I have had clear wire and they ripped me off and took money out of my checking account

40. By hgfyforme gfy on Jul 1, 2013 | Reply

I am a full-time student, also taken in by the CLEAR bullshit. As a paying customer, I did not qualify for the reduced advertised rate, because I was an existing customer. Really??? Then to top that off I was not given my month free for a referral. Why???? Clearwire no longer offer that bonus to its customers…….

The biggest problem came from me needing a two day extension on my service. They could not grant me that or any extension, however they found the time to blow my phone up. Clearwire called me more than people I know, love or care about.

An added extra bonus was when I found out about the lawsuit, tooooooo late.

You Go Clearwire. In fact, Hide and go fuck yourself for me.

hgfyforme gfy
    (Hide and Go Fuck Yourself for Me) (Go Fuck Yourself)